Wednesday, November 25, 2009

beginning of the end

I'm about to go into work and teach my Monday Wednesday Friday classes. This will be the last time I do this, as I have off Friday. So, I'm saying a lot of goodbyes today. I'm gonna have to try real hard to not cry like a baby.

Some of my older students have known for a couple weeks that I'm leaving, and they're okay with it. But I only just told my younger kids on Monday that Wednesday is my last day. They didn't like that idea.

I've seen the same little faces smiling widely at the sight of me for a year now. I've had the same 6 year olds holding my hands as we walk to class. I'm going to miss them terribly.

The guy who is replacing me is actually a friend of mine I've met since I've been here. He's been here for 4 months, but his school is closing. It was good timing though, as he can just start at my school and not have to go home. He's a good guy, so I know my students are in good hands.

My camera's battery is fully charged. It's time to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment